FRANCE Director/Manager Value Creation – Retail Group implementing Private Equity Style Operating Principles (m/f)
Our client is a leading global wholesale/C&C/retail group with operations in Western Europe, CEE, Russia, Africa and Asia. In order to further implement Private Equity style value creation principles in their central leadership organization, our client is seeking to hire experienced senior value creation professionals with international experience.
We are looking for analytically strong, yet hands-on senior professionals with a management consulting as well as private equity or corporate background that have extensive experience in private equity value creation principles and who engage in intensive interaction with the country MDs in their area of responsibility in FRANCE.
- You will be working in one of various value creation teams with an operating partner and one or two value creation professionals on manager or director level (depending on seniority) assigned to each team. Each value creation team has responsibility for 2-3 country organizations and works closely together with the country MD and his team
- Your role will be supporting the operating partner of the value creation team and the country MD in the
- strategy and value creation plan development (including stimulating innovative ideas, researching specific topics),
- operational detailing of value creation plans,
- regular reporting on value creation measures and following up on execution / gap analysis etc.,
- coaching of the country MD and his organization in the operational implementation (also by leveraging internal and external networks and sharing best practices),
- preparation for in-country visits
- Very high exposure to the senior management of the client
What you bring with you
- For Director position: at least 10 years of relevant professional experience from Strategy or restructuring consulting and / or private equity operating teams and / or similar corporate role – at least 2 of these 3 areas is a MUST
- For Manager position: at least 5-8 years of relevant professional experience from Strategy or restructuring consulting and / or private equity operating teams and / or similar corporate role
- MUST: Private Equity (working in or with PEs) experience with value creation principles and portfolio work (operational detailing of investment thesis, development of 100-day plans, value creation measures, operating KPI development and review, financial modelling etc.)
- MUST: Relatedness to FRANCE
- Experience in retail is an advantage
- Experience in multi-stakeholder management and respecting clear lines of responsibilities, strong communicator
- Excellent academic credentials with strong analytics and “fast track” development
- International experience and cultural openness – English is working language, further language skills are a clear advantage, especially FRENCH. Knowledge of GERMAN would be an advantage.
- Personality: ‘hands-on’, ‘straight to the point’, ‘no bullshit’, ‘get-things-done’, unpretentious, assertive, ‘bulletproof’, with strong communication skills, open-minded and decisive
Your mid-term career perspective
- After some years in the value creation team it is planned to offer these professionals senior line management positions in the international subsidiaries or in the holding of the group