Head of Strategy & Transformation (m/f)
Our client is a private equity owned consumer goods company with a special focus on luxury goods. Operating out of Dusseldorf, the company manages revenues of 500 million Euro.
Our client is currently looking for a highly qualified and experienced professional to take over the lead for the Strategy & Transformation Office, thus being a key driver for the company’s transformation activities. As the Head of Strategy & Transformation, the future job holder is a senior sparring partner for the Top Management, with very high visibility and influence across the organization and also vis-à-vis the Shareholders.
We are therefore looking for a particularly strong individual to fit into this ambitious and fast-paced setting. He/she will swiftly work together with CEO and CFO and being used to strictly monitor and ensure progress on all projects’ activities while holding the project leaders fully accountable for the timely and successful implementation of their projects.
Together with senior management, private equity investors decided upon a significant transformation program to turn around our client’s strategy.
An individual with extensive strategy and transformation experience is needed to
- Work closely with the Executive Management team (mainly CFO and CEO) on the successful implementation of the strategy goals
- Monitor and push to meet deadlines of the projects’ progress of the pre-defined key initiatives. Establish guidelines for the projects and the management and provide content-related input
- Support reorganization and optimization of processes
- Board office activities: manage the meetings and all the other corporate meetings as pre-aligned with CEO and CFO. Attendance at Board Meetings
- You will be part of the senior management team (Geschäftsleitung)
- Monitor Value Creation with Private Equity Investor
- Defining and implementing Group Strategy
What you bring with you
Given the nature of the role, strong interpersonal and influencing skills are mandatory.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in a TOP tier consulting firm. Additional industry experience in consumer goods/retail is a plus
- Track record of successfully overseeing demanding international projects, best from previous experience as Project Leader/Engagement Manager or higher in top tier consulting firm
- Interest in retail/selective luxury; previous retail/consumer goods experience is a plus
- Broad experience across different aspects of a business, particularly strong understanding of key financial and business processes of an organization
- Capability to quickly develop a strong “standing” within the organization
- Ability to challenge initiative owners in a constructive way with respect to overall feasibility and impact of initiatives
- Hands-on mentality; down-to-earth attitude
- Broad set of influencing skills
- High level of motivation and determination
- A driven, open, honest and collaborative individual with strong commercial skills
- Able to operate effectively in a private equity-related environment
The ideal consulting skill level would be an experimented manager from a top tier consulting firm. Experience in the industry is not a must, but would be very helpful in order to ensure a quicker on-boarding. Past exposure to a private equity setting would be favorable as well, but not mandatory. German/English language skills are mandatory.