Partner / Director / Vice President Chemicals and Oil & Gas (m/f)
Our client is a leading global business advisory and interim management firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle and restructuring of underperforming companies and companies in distressed situations (partly insolvency situations). This involves complex global enterprises as well as mid- and large-cap portfolio companies of private equity funds.
They thrive on the ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. With more than 1400 professionals and over 25 offices around the world, our client has ambitious growth plans depending on hiring only the TOP candidates in the market.
We are searching for an experienced Partner, Director and/or Vice President for the Chemicals and Oil & Gas Practice with TOP consulting background.
- Operating on a range of local and international engagements
- Driving positive change for the immediate and long-term success of clients
- Delivering high-impact and long-term effect change implementation
- Restructuring and performance improvement projects (hands-on work)
- Carve-out and post-merger integration projects
- Partly shadow-management and interim management
- Advising and coaching of the client’s management teams
- Operational restructuring concepts, 100-days plans, pre- and post-acquisition advice
- Involvement in business development in the corporate world, private equity funds and at workout-desks of major commercial/investment banks
- Working side by side with Managing Directors, some of whom may have taken on interim roles, providing you with top level insight and interaction
- Driving commercially successful engagements in a ‘hands-on’, professional and energetic manner
- Collaborating with colleagues across the world as well as engage with, and promote, the firm’s broader capabilities
- Conducting thorough quality reviews of your own and team members’ work
- Operating in a range of business-critical topics such as performance improvement, operating model design, cost optimisation, M&A, working capital management, and top-line growth.
- Relationship management with stakeholders while achieving results
What you bring with you
- A minimum of 8 to 15 years of TOP consulting and/or operations experience with a deep sector expertise in Chemicals and Oil & Gas or a broader industry perspective
- Experience in a Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients
- Engineering or economics degree with excellent grades, MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A track record of delivering hands-on, quality work products in multiple work streams, and the ability to take full responsibility for several areas
- Proficient project management skills and the ability to manage and leverage both colleagues and client team members as appropriate
- The ability to effectively communicate the status of deliverables to engagement leaders and clients
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
- A successful track record of professional achievement, as evidenced by rapid progression and top ratings amongst peer group
- A passion for the chosen sector of focus, demonstrated by contributions, to or participation in, industry events and conferences
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and executive-level presentation skills
- Fluency in German and English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel extensively; sometimes at short notice